[dokuwiki] Pre-defined content when creating a page

  • From: Brian G <bdgrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:45:07 -0800

Greetings,

I've been searching through the mailing lists and site and I can't seem to
find a reference to my problem anywhere.  Part of my problem has been the
nomenclature of using "Templates".  I already understand how to use dokuwiki
templates, so I'll try to avoid that word when I describe what I need below.

I have discovered that in my organization people love the ability to edit
freeform in a wiki.  However, when they go to create a new page, a lot of my
users are frozen with fear when the are presented with a blank slate.  I
know the point of wiki is free form editing, but I was wondering if there
was a way that when a user creates a new page, that it could prefill some of
the text in the editing area.  My idea is to have a few H* sections that
outline how the document should go in an external text file, and then let
the code just reference that before it presents the edit screen.

Right now the manual way is a simple copy and paste, but I figured I'd try
asking if there was an automated way of doing this already or a plugin that
I could easily modify.  Since I haven't looked at the code myself, any
pointers on where I would insert my external file reference (sometime after
the "Create this page" click).