[dokuwiki] Re: Plugins to be overhauled

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:59:59 +0200

> > lib/plugins/bbcode/bold.php
> > lib/plugins/bbcode/small.php
> >
> > We would need some changes on how the plugins are loaded
> > though. Chris: what do you think?
>
> Sounds reasonable and it would certainly make a multiple pattern
> syntax plugin much easier to write.  Perhaps the file name will need
> to include"syntax" in it somewhere so Dokuwiki knows these are syntax
> plugins:

Sorry - a typo on my side. What I actually meant was

lib/plugins/bbcode/syntax/bold.php
lib/plugins/bbcode/syntax/small.php

So the plugin loade should try the syntax.php and if this does not exist check
for a sytax directory.
> equating to a plugin classes:
>  syntax_plugin_bbcode
>  syntax_plugin_bbcode_formatting
>  syntax_plugin_bbcode_protected
>
> and mode names:
>  plugin_bbcode
>  plugin_bbcode_formatting
>  plugin_bbcode_protected

Exactly as I thought. Patches welcome ;-)

> Any thoughts for on plugins to extend tpl_* functions?

Hmm I'm not sure if they are really needed. You can exchange each tpl_*
function written by your own in the template... I think "action" plugins are
needed more currently.