[dokuwiki] Plugins that "run once"...

  • From: "Terence J. Grant" <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 14:58:30 -0400

Hi all,

I've had a few ideas as far as separating functionality from a
template into something of more "general use." I have a referrer
script, google-analytics integration, and something that loads
multiple wiki pages per page.

I don't think this fits "syntax"; I think it would fit into "action",
but I'm not sure. Referrer and analytics could "run once" on page
load, or (ideally for analytics) during the meta headers function...
So is it common practice to run the function //during// the "register"
function? Or what's the proper way to do this?

Also, the multiple wiki pages could act as an "exported function",
though again I'm not sure what the best way to handle this would be...
any ideas?

--
--Terence J. Grant(tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx)