[dokuwiki] Re: Plugin writing

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:48:28 +0200

> First of all, I want my plugin to bundle applet .jar file with it. So, I
> want to create 'jars' subfolder inside my plugins folder  and put applet jar
> into it. But how should I refer base URL of this folder
> (lib/plugins/<my-plugin>/jars/) onto the page? I've tried it like
> DOKU_URL.'lib/plugins/<my-plugin>/jars', but it seems to work unstable,
> depending of url-rewriting mode and server settings. What is the correct way
> to refer such files from inside plugin folder?

DOKU_BASE.'lib/plugins/<my-plugin>/jars should be fine

> Second question is about refering the media files. Applet I've used is
> actually a player for some kind of files. This files I've uploading as media
> files, so, for example, I have :wiki:test.mkz media file. How can I refer
> such file from <object> tag? For now I use

Use the ml() function to let it construct the correct URL.

> And what if I user
> wants to use relative reference, e.g. referer the file :wiki:test.mkz from
> page :wiki:test as just plain test.mkz without namespace prefix -- how can I
> resolve such relative references?

I'm not sure if ml() resolves relative paths (check the source). If
not there's a function for resolving media IDs check the API reference
to find it (probably in pageutils.php or common.php).

splitbrain.org