[dokuwiki] Re: Plugin compatibility

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 17:07:59 +0200

Hi,

> What do you think? There are multiple ways to change the behavior of
> the plugin repository

Well, for RC versus release, I think it would suffice to specify
"rincewind" compatibility. But I'm not too happy with the current
compatibility system. I have a whole bunch of plugins released and
they rarely need an update for new releases. In the past I just had to
specify a minimum version, for the new system I'd have to touch all
plugin pages.

The problem is that users assume the compatibility info to be
absolute, after a release new users might even assume the large
majority of plugins to be outdated.

My suggestion would be switching to a minimum version only and giving
an indication on the number of installations per DokuWiki version from
the populary data.

splitbrain.org