[dokuwiki] Re: Plugin and Theme integration

  • From: martin <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:34:57 +0000

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:04:56 +0100, Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip> Per plugin
> style.ini sounds feasible, and integrating that won`t be that hard,
> _but_ then there should be some sort of "best practise" guidelines for
> plugin developers (note to self: needs to be updated in the wiki), to
> make them use semantic names for their own replacments and using the
> default template replacments whenever possible (that still won`t keep
> them from not following them though ;-)).

Maybe we need a docuwiki logo program :P. Each plugin can be checked by users
and marked against guidelines, e.g. does it use the correct methods, does it
use style.ini, does it have a config extension to customise it.

You could go so far as saying that some things are required by every plugin,
regardless, so you could do a script to check that say a plugin.style.ini
exists, and a plugin.css and a plugin.conf.php etc. or whatever we decide is
needed. Those files don't need to contain anything, but just forcing the plugin
author to have those files will make them think about it. You could also
provide an empty theme/plugin template that has all those files, like we
already have for the default theme in effect.

Regards,

 Martin