[dokuwiki] Planned features for DokuWiki

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 19:27:15 +0200

Hi,

As Andi suggests I will shortly report my planned extensions for
DokuWiki. I don't think that all of them become part of the main source
tree, but maybe I'm wrong.

1. Adding a 'back' Button.
Most of my DokuWiki users miss a back-funktion to the 'startpage'. I
have different namespaces for different groups running and those users
ment the startpage of their specific area. DokuWiki can't provide such a
button in general, because nobody knows which page in the namespace
is the first one.

To go around this problem I defined that the first page in a namespace
must always carry the same name as the namespace itself. For eg.
wiki:wiki or playground:playground. With this knowledge I can gess the
ID of the desired page and provide a button to jump there. If such a
page didn't exist, the button 'back' wouldn't be drawn.

2. Request before overwriting mediafiles
Currently the media upload handler doesn't check if a media file with
the same name as the new uploaded one exists on the server. I expect a
lot of uploads in my application and mostly the user are fanciless in
generating file names :-/. So the day will come were one user overwrites
the media files of another user. To prevent this I need a request popup that
would apear if the new uploaded file already existed on the server with
the usual question: "Shall I overwrite file <...>, Yes/No".

3. Allow to show more than 20 changes in history
The history shows currentlythe 20 last changes (or whatever is defined
in the config file). But there might be more changes That I want to see
on demand. I'm planing to add two buttons: 'prev' and 'next' to the history
page to get the previous or next 20 changes.

If nobody is beat me up ;-) or show me that there is already a usefull
solution, I will work on this issues.

  Best Regards
    Matthias