[dokuwiki] Re: POST instead of GET ?

  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:24:48 +0200

Chris Smith schrieb am 12.04.2006 10:52:
> Andreas Gohr wrote:
>> Oliver Geisen writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i'd like to include dokuwiki into a single-sign-on framework, so i
>>> have to hand over login-credentials to it.
>>> I know i can do this with "doku.php?
>>> do=login&user=superman&password=cryptonite" but this will be shown
>>> up  in the browsers URL line because the GET method is used.
>>> (How) can i use POST instead ?
>> Oliver, this is not a general PHP list or a list about how to use
>> webtechnologies or how to create HTTP requests. So this list is
>> probably the wrong place to ask such questions.
>>
>> It looks like you need a lot assistment in deploying DokuWiki in your
>> coorporate environment. Maybe you're interested in a business support
>> contract as offered at
>> http://www.cosmocode.de/en/leistungen/wiki/dokuwiki/business_support.html
>>
>> BTW. this business support is also available in german ;-)
>>
>> Andi
>>

> Oliver, in addition to Andi's points, you may want to look into ACL and
> auth backends at splitbrain.

Maybe I am too dumb, but I don't get the answer to Oliver's question from
your texts. As I read the text, he has some users that are authenticated by
some interface on his framework, and now he wants to pass the login data to
dokuwiki. He does not want to do so via URL (the GET method) but via POST.

For me, this seems to be similar to
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tips:htaccessauth - "So everybody that
accesses the wiki has already logged in, but not that DokuWiki is aware of.
By adding an authentication method we can make acknowledge our users. "

HTH,
Werner

- --
Werner Flamme, Abt. WKDV
UFZ Umweltforschungszentrum Leipzig-Halle GmbH,
Permoserstr. 15 - 04318 Leipzig
Tel.: (0341) 235-3921 - Fax (0341) 235-453921
http://www.ufz.de - eMail: werner.flamme@xxxxxx