[dokuwiki] MySQL auth

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:08:51 +0100

Hi Matthias, *!

I just updated wiki.splitbrain.org, and as promised I have some things
I'd like to discuss about the MySQL auth backend:

1. The encryptPass option description or name is misleading:

  "Set 'encryptPass' to '1' and the cleartext password is forwarded to
  the database, otherwise the encrypted one."

I think the option should be named clearPass then!?

2. UpdateLogin is questionable - should changing the login really be
supported? It doesn't work in the plain backend anyway.

3. I'm not sure about the UID either - it isn't used in the most
statements. Instead the login is used which has to be unique to login
anyway. Why not get rid of the getUID statement completely and use the
login as unique identifier everywhere. A statement less to configure,
and more like the plain auth.

4. The docs should say which statements are needed for what. Eg. only a
few statements are needed for logging in. A few more are needed to add a
user, another few are for modifying... It should be enough to only
define the ones one want to provide support for.

5. Related to 4 the MySQL should override the canDo() function to return
if a feature is configured - the GUI can adopt then...

6. Do multiple statements in delUser work? I may need to clean multiple
tables...

7. Some config strings start with a lowercase letter other with an
uppercase one -> all should use the same. Maybe we should lowercase
those keys completely?