[dokuwiki] Re: Meta-Data Title

  • From: Gunther <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:07:19 +0100

Gunther schrieb:
Hello list!

While I'm still working on my navigation menu, it came to my attention, that if you have chosen to use the first heading for page name, the first heading will be inserted in the meta file under title (as expected).

But if you don't want to use the first heading as title, so when the pagename is used as title, there will be no entry in the meta file and the title field remains empty. Though the pagename is used as title, as you can easily see in your browser window.

From my point of view this behaviour is not very logical. I would expect, that there is always a value for the title of a page in its meta file.
Or did I miss something?

Ah, there is one thing I forgot.
If you use the first heading option, but there is no heading on the site, there also will be no title entry in the meta file. In my opinion there should be a fallback mechanism, which ensures that there always is an entry for the title, because every page has to have a title.

Greetings
Gunther