[dokuwiki] Re: Media or Cache

  • From: Tankko <tankko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:11:42 -0700

> > Anika Henke wrote:
>
> >> I put the images into a special folder in the media folder
> >> (media/plugin_abc) and further divided into their according
> >> namespaces. But each image has a (more or less unique) name, which
> >> stays the same name when re-generated (which is differently from the
> >> Graphviz plugin)! It gets simply overwritten.
>
> > How do you handle when one person looks at a previous version of the
> > page while another person looks at the current version?  How does the
> > previous version of a generated image be seen and the current version be
> > seen, at the same time?

Seems like there might be a need for a "Temp" directory that plug-ins
can write regenerateable temp files to.  This Temp directory can be
cleaned up periodically by an automated or admin triggered event.

I am writing a plug-in (gant charts) that is going to be generating a
lot of images.  My current solution is a cron job that empties the
subdirectory of the Media directory nightly.

Tankko