[dokuwiki] Media Manager 'Link Settings'

  • From: "Don Bowman" <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:56:44 -0000

I was experimenting with some of the very old templates from 2006 and earlier. As would be expected, the Media Manager does not display properly. The information is there but not necessarily in a useful format. What caught my eye was something that I had not seen before. At the bottom was a section headed 'Link Settings' with a few display options beneath it.

After playing around with a few other templates I found that I could only make this show in the older ones. The latest ones don't even give a hint of its existence and I could find no way to display it. With DokuCMS it showed but overlaid the left hand panel. It is not in the HTML and appears to be generated by JavaScript - probably /lib/scripts/media.js - but I can't be certain.

Is this:
  a) an old feature that is no longer used, or
  b) a new feature that needs some action to switch on, or
  c) something top secret and I shouldn't even be asking about it, or
  d) something blindingly obvious that I am just missing every time I look?

Can anyone enlighten me?

--
Don

The views expressed are mine alone,