[dokuwiki] Re: Is it possible to login to DokuWiki without filling in login-information

  • From: "Bob Baddeley" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "" <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:54:57 -0800

I don't think this would be desirable as your password would be sent in plain
text, stored in the server's logs and easily searchable. You can click the
remember me box when you log in and it won't ask for authentication anymore
until you log out, allowing you to keep your log in good across multiple
sessions.

I guess you could also write a plugin to do it, too. It would be embedded in
your template and look for the username and password variables in the URL,
logging you in if it found them. But I still think the security risk is greater
when you have the authentication in the URL.

Bob Baddeley