[dokuwiki] Re: Infos for Wikipedia

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 13:11:13 +0100

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:49:41 +0100
"Markus Seitz" <astra_gilde@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to extend the german and the english article of DokuWiki on
> Wikipedia.org .

Great!

> I want to write a small chapter about the history of DokuWiki.
> For this I need informations about following dates:

Let's see...

> - the start of the development

June 2004

> - first release

Probably 2004-07-04 (not sure about that)

> - start of DokuWiki project on Freshmeat

Sun, Jul 4th 2004 05:24 PDT

> - first official article of DokuWiki in the Web (with link)

First announcement was in my blog:
http://www.splitbrain.org/blog/2004-06/26-new_videodb_release_and_wiki

http://packages.debian.org/dokuwiki
http://packages.gentoo.org/packages/?category=www-apps;name=dokuwiki

> - first released plugin

The info plugin - but this was only an example. I guess Chris Smith
wrote the first real one, but I'm not sure which one it was.

> - other important Milestones...

Hmm release 2005-02-06 was pretty important because it changed from
local character encodings to UTF-8.

Another really important milestone was the switch to the new
objectoriented parser-renderer mechanism intially written by Harry
Fuecks. Initial ideas were posted in his blog at
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2005/01/11/oop-and-performance/

Maybe others can add their view on the history as well :-)

http://www.splitbrain.org