[dokuwiki] Re: Improving RSS performance

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:04:47 -0500 (CDT)

> Or (3) store the RSS description summary directly in the instruction cache
> file.

Better still:

(4) When a page is rendered, we create an md5 file with extension .f containing
the RSS description for the page, unless the .f file already exists.  When
saving a page's new instructions, we delete the page's .f file.  (Drawback: the
description reflects the current file and not the cited revision.)

I don't like the idea of putting the description in the instructions file
because we'd still have to load all of the instructions files, and each of them
produces a lot of objects.

Are we getting close?  Are you tired of me thinking out loud?

~joe