[dokuwiki] Re: How to move media and preserve the links?

  • From: Andreas Benzler <info.benzler@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 10:26:49 +0100

Hi Mykola

> Though I have no bright ideas about moving the files around, apart of
the brute
> force file system approach, the links update can be done with BatchEdit.
>
> http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:batchedit

The batchedit plugin seems a good interim solution for me until someone
comes up with a real dokuwiki media move plugin.

For small wikis with little media data the approach to move the data by
hand and then correct all links looks feasible. However after moving it
by hand and correcting the links I can image 2 problems:

1. What about dokuwikis feature to prevent media data from deletion when
it is still in use. Would moving it by hand and correcting the links
break this feature? Where does dokuwiki store this reference information
and does it get updated properly if I move the media by hand?

2. What if I miss a link to file. Is someone out there with a there a
solution to check all media links if they are broken or not? If you can
not check your work you have to work very very carefully to not break
media links or simply forget some to update...

Andreas