[dokuwiki] Re: Help with Downloading and Editing

  • From: "Zen-Do.Ru" <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 21:39:57 +0300

11.01.2019 20:20, Nahabedian, Bridget wrote:

> I am new to DokuWiki and have been attempting to edit my page.  Every time I make a change and save it, inevitably the text on the rest of the page becomes skewed or then starts to appear as HTML.  Sometimes the changes I make don’t appear after saving.  I thought maybe I need to download the software to be able to edit so I attempted to do that but when I downloaded the file it just gave me a pdf file (which I couldn’t open.)
>
> My wiki is located at www.parentssee.org

Hi Bridget,

your wiki uses CKG editor plugin, and I have not much experience with it.

What I can tell is that perhaps there are some conflicts in markup.

For example, maybe your configuration of plugins doesn't allow to mark Bold and Italic in headers.

As for pdf, I haven't understood your explanation. Which "software download" turns to be pdf? etc.

I think it could be helpful if you test your use cases in playground pages:

http://www.parentssee.org/doku.php?id=playground:playground

trying to single out one particular mistake and explain how it happens to appear in the simplest case.

Also, you can turn off ckgedit plugin, to see and edit the markup manually. It might help to see what goes wrong. (Or you can do that by temporarily switching to the native DokuWiki editor with button "DW edit").

I hope my advice could somehow help to move in the right direction.

 :)

_/|\_
常照