[dokuwiki] Help wanted with accepts() in very simple plugin

  • From: Chris Green <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:47:52 +0100

I have an almost trivial plugin that simply wraps a <DIV class=xxx> ...
</DIV> round a chunk of text to allow me to apply a custom style to
the text.

The code of the plugin is attached (there's only 134 lines of it).  It's
working exactly as expected *except* that the accepts() call isn't
turning off preformatted mode.

This may well be because I have done something wrong - should I be doing
the return parent::accepts($mode); ?

Alternatively it may simply be that calling accepts() in this way doesn't
disable preformatting of text because I'm calling $renderer->render() to
parse the text 'inside' my plugin.  Is there a more elegant way to have
a plugin 'wrap' some text with start and end patterns but still parse
the intervening text?

More fundamentally am I going about this the right way, all I want to do
is to have a plugin handle something like:-

/l
1234-56-78      Some text
                More text with a [[link]] maybe
                Even more text ++ More | Loads more text folded with the folded
plugin ++
9101-12-13      The next bit
/

I want to prevent the leading spaces on some lines from switching into
preformatted mode so the text is parsed normally and the link and folded
sections work as expected.

--
Chris Green