[dokuwiki] Re: Help on writing a plugin.

  • From: Samuel Degrande <Samuel.Degrande@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:42:23 +0200

Redeeman wrote:

btw, i just came to think of a thing you need to consider...

everyone can still view the source, in which case what you propose wont
do anything good.

hmmm.. you're right :-( As I said, I'm new to wiki, I'm rather used to CMS, where you can control quite everything... Is it against 'wiki spirit' to disable that feature for anonymous users ?

However, what I really need is to hide some items in the sidebar template.
The acces to the 'private' namespace will then be restricted with ACL.
So there is no real risk.

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 18:42 +0200, Samuel Degrande wrote:

Chris Smith wrote:

There is a tutorial on writing syntax plugins at splitbrain, plugin:tutorial
I think.  I reckon its pretty comprehensive, but then I wrote it ;)

The prototype shouldn't be used as a base for your plugin. You need the
skeleton (iirc, its linked to the tutorial) or use an existing plugin as an
example.  The skeleton has stripped out all the methods that its ok to
inherit.

Yes, its the $INFO variable, all of those variables are also available to
syntax plugins. Again there is a page at splitbrain which gives brief
details of the elements of the $INFO array. iirc the value you require is
probably $INFO['perm'] (or maybe $INFO['userinfo']['perm']).

Cheers,

Chris

Great ! thanks for the pointers.