[dokuwiki] Re: Greedy brackets for footnote syntax

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:27:04 +0100

On 8 Oct 2009, at 19:50, Dmitry Katsubo wrote:

Dear dokuwiki users!

Recently I have discovered the following fact:

- By syntax definition, footnote starts with first occurrence of double
opening bracket '(('
- footnote also ends with first occurrence of closing double bracket '))'

<snip>

I personally think, that closing brackets should be greedy and that
solves (1) but makes (2) a problem unless you trick with a space.

I wonder, if there any universal solution?

This has been discussed previously. Its a six of one and half dozen of the other thing. There is no "better" way. The only good way is to put a space between your intended parenthesis and your closing footnote token.

To change the behaviour now, isn't a good idea - it will break any existing page that happens to rely on the current regexp.

- Chris