[dokuwiki] Re: Error on save with php5

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 02:19:58 +0100

Preben Randhol wrote:

Hi

I went from cherokee to lighttpd. At the same time I had to install
php5 in stead of php4 (inconsistent versions in the Debian unstable
archive)... Now things work except that I get a lot of error messages
when I Edit a page and press Save. The changes are saved though.

Is this a dokuwiki bug or is it my setup (se below)?

Thanks in advance

Preben

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed:
repeated subpattern is too long at offset 14466
in /usr/share/dokuwiki/inc/common.php on line 391
Hi Preben,

Please report your dokuwiki version when reporting an error, that enables easy tracking of the line number that is causing your problem. Its also best to report bugs to the bugs.splitbrain.org, even if it turns out to be something with your configuration. The mailing list is transient where as the bug tracking is permanent.

In this case I am pretty sure the problem is with the wordblock list. First upgrade to the recent release candidate to see if that corrects your problem. If not and you have modified your wordblock list - review your modifications removing them if necessary. If that still doesn't fix the problem - report it to bugs.splitbrain.org.

You may also want to search the mailing list, iirc there have been similar discussions in the past.

Cheers,

Chris