[dokuwiki] Re: [DokuWiki][Patch] new event ACTION_XHTML_EXPORT

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 23:08:38 +0100

On 26 Aug 2008, at 22:38, Andreas Gohr wrote:

Ok, answering myself :). Chris pointed out that it would be desireable to have other export formats (renderer plugins) triggering equivalent events. So I am
going to rework this patch. I plan to make the event "dynamic" ala
ACTION_<FORMAT>_EXPORT. The patch against the XMLRPC interface is still valid
though.

Hmm I'm not sure if this is desirable. Because action plugins would
need to register to all possible export formats... but I'm too tired
right now to think about it...

I'd go for one event and have the format information along with the output data.

Say,

ACTION_EXPORT_POSTPROCESS
$event->data[0] = (string) format, e.g. 'xhtml' or 'odt'
$event->data[1] = (string) output stream

As Andi points out the alternative would mean action plugins registering to handle the events for every export format they can handle. And having to do that on every page view, which could be a real lot of registering to handle the very occasional export.

Do the render plugins need to trigger the event?
Is it possible for the event be triggered in DokuWiki core after the export output has been generated?

- Chris