[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWiki Users Manual

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:46:32 +0200

Matthias Grimm writes:

Hi,

some time ago there were some people looking for a way to contribute
to DokuWiki except programming. I had an offer for you. :-)

What I rather miss is a DokuWiki Users Manual.

I startet wiki:glossary some time ago to collect all the docs in one place, this could be easily extended to become the user manual...
There is a lot of documentation on the DokuWiki page but most of it is
from the programmers and administrators view. I found no documentation
from users point of view. For example what all the buttons on the main
screen do or how the search engine works. I imagine a simple description
a user not used to computers at all can understand and put him into a
position to use DokuWiki.

You're right, there are still things missing a description from the users view. What I like to see is both point of views on one page. Eg. A short introduction to the feature, then a description how to use the feature from a users point of view and then a section with the technical stuff like how to configure it.