[dokuwiki] Re: Decouple section edits review

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:04:03 +0100

Ben Coburn wrote:

The problem with the the way 'section edits' are currently rendered is that they are coupled very tightly with the 'header' and 'document_end' renderers.

Hi Ben,

I haven't looked at your patch yet. I think the basic idea is good, items like toc, sections, edit buttons should be decoupled so that plugins and other customizations can easily modify them. Also events are new, so if you can make a case for a new event closer to what you are trying to do please do.

This maybe a little off the wall and off topic ... but with your changes can (or can they be extended so that) sections be customised to make them nestable.

<section>
<header></header>
<content></content>
</section>

I realise this makes creation of editable portions more complex, but this has always seemed to me to be the
ideal way to work with sections. Tracking header levels becomes an automated issue, not an editor issue. Pasted or included content is automatically installed at the appropriate level.

Cheers,

Chris