[dokuwiki] Re: DAV support for Dokuwiki

  • From: "Andreas Gohr" <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:40:20 +0100

Hi,

> I made a start with a WebDAV implementation for DokuWiki. It's very minimal
> in it's feature set, but I was curious to see if there was interest from
> within the Dokuwiki community.

Great! And a funny coincidence as I have started working on WebDAV
integration myself, just a few days ago. Luckily I haven't done much
more than evaluating existing implementations, yet.

Some quick background info: my company (cosmocode.de) got some funding
by the german ministry for research and education. The project runs
for two years aims to add features to DokuWiki that are especially
useful for small to medium companies. Essentially it will contain
these parts::

  *  webdav support with filters for importing/exporting office documents
  * calendar integration
  * a "wiki governance" assistant to measure and facilitate a
company's wiki success
  * maybe something more I just forgot ;-)

The project website (in German) is at http://www.icke-projekt.de. Most
of the stuff you'll find there is the boring, bureaucratic marketing
stuff ;-) I will add a section later where I will document my
progress, share ideas and research and stuff. I'll do that in English
so there will be *something* interesting there some time soon ;-)

> Should this be developed as a plugin? Or would there be interest in
> core-inclusion? All the DAV code is from SabreDAV, which is PHP 5-only, uses
> Zend-like conventions and licensed under a BSD license.

I haven't decided yet where to place the stuff. I'm glad you used
sabredav, it was on top of my candidate list as well ;-)

Thanks for sharing your code I will definitively make use of it.

Andi

PS: a government funding for two years sounds great, but the
bureaucracy, meetings and other stuff really cuts away a *lot* of
development time :-( Still, it's cool to be paid for working on
DokuWiki :-)

--
splitbrain.org