[dokuwiki] Re: Change default storage

  • From: Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:04:11 +0200

Cesar D. Rodas wrote:

Hi

> Is there a way to change the default Doku storage?, I've googling
> about it but I didn't found what exactly need.

Not by default.

> This question is because I'd like to write a Git storage, so Doku
> would be able to be embed into any project, and the storage could be
> stored into another branch.

Great. I did a VCS agnostic plugin a few month ago as a proof of
concept, it works simply by acting (action plugin) when it gets the page
changes or media uploads events. I stopped my hack when I was able to
commit to the vcs and haven't investigated the replacement of
DokuWiki's default diff viewing: history, diff, logs are of course in
the vcs too, so they should/could be read from there. Another issue is
honouring ACLs, I haven't worked on that.

> Right now my class is read only http://github.com/crodas/php-git/tree
> but I have a local version working with write support, and Doku is
> best example to implement, and release the write support for my class.

I'll clone your work and will try to contribute on my very little
spare time :-) I strongly encourage you to keep on with this work.
Making the storage vcs agnostic would be a must.

YC Chan wrote:

> The Doku community is against using other storage than files

That's definitely wrong. DB storage is probably weird as DokuWiki is
built for flat file storage, but a plugin is always welcome. Of course
a vcs storage backend is a different beast and much more sexy ;-)

--
  bug