[dokuwiki] Can't compare old revisions after update

  • From: Andreas Zymny <andreas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:13:15 +0200

Hello.

I have updated my old dokuwiki to the current version. This is my
directory structure:

./dokuwiki-2005-09-22   Directory for the 2005/09/22 release
./dokuwiki-2006-11-06   Directory for the 2006/11/06 release
./wiki                  Symlink to the used dokuwiki directory

I do this generally for all software, to test the new version before
going life.

Folling files/directories were copied to the new dokuwiki directory:

./data
./conf/acl.auth.php
./conf/local.php
./conf/users.auth.php

When I use the current version and view the old revisions, I see only
one entry: the current version. All other changes are not shown.

When I view the page with do=check in the url, I get the following:

DokuWiki version: Release 2006-11-06
PHP version 5.2.1
Changelog is writable
Old changelog exists
Datadir is writable
Attic is writable
Mediadir is writable
Cachedir is writable
Lockdir is writable
conf/users.auth.php is writable
mb_string extension not available - PHP only replacements will be used
Debugging support is disabled
Your current permission for this page is 255
The current page is writable by the webserver
The current page is writable by you

Looks good for me.

When I had done some tests (removing files, editing files, aso),
sometimes it happens that I got the list of all changes, but only the
entry for the current version has a link I can use, all other are
without a link, so I can't view or restore them. But I have absolutely
no idea what I had done to get the list. Last time I had done nothing,
only untared the new version to a new directory, and copied the file
(see above) from the old version to the new one.

Any ideas, what I can do, to get back the old revisions?

Kind regards,

Andreas Zymny