[dokuwiki] Re: Allow users to only change password

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:20:22 +0100

Oliver Geisen wrote:

Hello,

i want my users to change their password in the userprofile page, but not the other fields (email, etc). Is this possible, and how ?
What is the place to start looking (in source) ?

Oliver, you need to find a multi file search program. Thats what I use to locate things. Examine the form and choose one of its field names (the more likely to be unique the better) and then find all its occurences.

Most dokuwiki action processing happens in either inc/action.php or (acl/user stuff) in inc/auth.php

Your simple (insecure) solution is simply to alter the generated forms to either (or both)
- remove "name" property from elements that shouldn't be processed
- set disabled property on those elements
- make them hidden

Its insecure as the form could be modifed and submitted with values for those items. If you locate the handling function, ensure the incoming data can't be used to alter the the fields you don't want changed.

For why, are you not allowing your users to alter their email address or names?
If those particular fields are never set from DokuWiki, disable the modification of them in the ACL handler class you are using.

Chris