[dokuwiki] Admin or Manager or ?

  • From: "Philippe d'Anfray" <Philippe.d-Anfray@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:19:17 +0200

Bonjour,

For our organization we run several Dokuwiki(s) organized as a farm.
There is only one wiki engine, one plugin directory, one template
directory, etc..  while configuration settings, pages, ACLs,  and users
are specific to each instance.  (see http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:farm).

The problem is that we must give "Dokuwiki admin" rights to the
administrators of each "wiki animal" in the farm so that they are able
to manage users and ACLs. The "Dokuwiki manager" feature   does not give
them  enough admin rights.

The bad thing is thay have also access to all the wiki parameters and I
would like to disable some, so that -for example- they might not check
for updates, nor change the template, etc... Worse they have also access
to the plugin management menu this means that they can install, upgrade
... and  break the whole thing  and this is what actually happened. :-( ...
(ok in http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:farm there is a trick for that but I
am thinking  of something more general for "tuning" admin rights).

So What I would like to do is:
configure more precisely the rights I give to the manager of a wiki
animal while staying the only admin of the wiki farm (!) OR beeing able
to restrict the rights that are granted to an admin of a wiki animal
OR  maybe define something in between ?

any idea ????  Cordialement

Ph d'Anfray
begin:vcard
fn:Philippe d'Anfray
n:d'Anfray;Philippe
org;quoted-printable:D=C3=A9l=C3=A9gation Calcul Intensif
adr:Centre de Saclay;;CEA ;Gif-sur-Yvette;;91191;France
email;internet:Philippe.d-Anfray@xxxxxx
tel;work:+33 (0) 1 69 08 96 09
tel;fax:+33 (0) 1 69 08 90 34
tel;cell:+33 (0) 6 86 38 49 86