[dokuwiki] Re: Additional "actions" for a template?

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 02:48:58 +0100

Terence J. Grant wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking to add two additional options to my template, "printable
version" and "cite this article". I had originally thought I could do
something like just slip in a custom do=cite or do=print, but I get
the friendly messages letting me know they're not handled. :-)

My other idea would be to create links directly to
/lib/tpl/blah/cite.php for instance, which I imagine would work, but
then I'd lose all the configuration information (Title, language,
etc.)

So these two options are not so hot; I'd like to avoid requiring users
to modify their base installation or installing a plugin just for the
template.

Are there any other possibilities I'm missing? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Without knowing what do=cite does, it maybe a candidate for an action plugin. Action plugins can be used to handle custom do commands. I shouldn't think it would be a problem to include a plugin as part of your template. I kind of mean to extend the plugin installer to handle templates too - probably altering the file structure in the archive to allow plugins and templates to co-exist in the same install package. Though, I suspect I won't be in a position any time soon to add that functionality (the installer needs to come first).

I expect do=print can be handled via javascript - all the action is likely to be client side, so there shouldn't be any reason to visit the server.

Cheers,

Chris