[dokuwiki] Re: Access Control Question

  • From: "litwiki.de" <w@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:05:46 +0100

Hi David,

is tehre a real need for so many DW-Groups? Everyone who logs in can be @USER, his username is shown then... The groupname isn't shown at all / nowhere...

Greetings.

Freddy

David Stephen schrieb:

Hi,

I am most impressed with DokuWiki. Our company has adopted DokuWiki
for our technical documentation. I have created another Wiki for
simple user HOWTOs. Both run on an intranet.

We use LDAP authentication and have that working properly.

For the HOWTOs I would like to allow all users to add/edit pages but
want them to authenticate so we know who made the changes.

The only way I seem to be able to achieve this is by specifying all
user groups, ie

*   @grp1   8
*   @grp2   8
*   @grp3   8
etc.

As we have many groups this is a bit tedious.

Is there a global way to achieve this?

Regards,
David