[dokuwiki] Re: AJAX Request content-type

  • From: guifa@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 02:44:52 -0600

Andi

It might need to be the other way around (eg, convert them from POST to GET). I'm unfamiliar with the mod_secure firewall for Apache . In this case, this is something that broke when they changed it.

Perhaps there could be a config option for AJAX requests to set it from POST to GET and which Content-Type setting to use? I'm afraid I'm not good enough at PHP to set it up myself though.

The problem does occur in all browsers, Safari and Firefox and iCab and OmniWeb on OS X, and IE and Firefox on Windows. Since Dokuwiki worked fine a week ago before they made this firewall change, it's their fault, but unfortunately now left to me to rework the site (damn overpayed OIT folks).

Matthew Stuckwisch

On 17.02.2007, at 1’50, Andreas Gohr wrote:

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:23:47 -0600
guifa@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

# Only accept request encodings we know how to handle
# we exclude GET requests from this because some (automated)
# clients supply "text/html" as Content-Type
SecFilterSelective REQUEST_METHOD "!^GET$" chain
SecFilterSelective HTTP_Content-Type "!(^$|^application/x-www-form-
urlencoded$|^multipart/form-data)""

I think I may have found the area in the tw-sack.js file, around
lines 87-97, but I'm not sure if there's any easy way to convert a
request from GET to POST?

All Ajax requests should already use POST. I guss the problem is the
second line. I'm not sure if a Content-Type header is set in the
requests. Could you file a bug report? Do you have the problem with all
Browsers or only when you use a certain one? I'm asking because I'd
think the browser should set up this header automatically.

http://www.splitbrain.org