[dokuwiki] ACL / Namespace / "Send new password" issue

  • From: Matt Wilbur <matt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:42:39 -0800

Hi all,

First off- thank you for Dokuwiki, it's just stellar :) i apologize if my question is hiding in archives or the forums/faqs/docs, but I've scoured those and haven't had any luck. i tried posting this question to the forum four times now and once i hit submit the site never comes back (have posted successfully before). anyway- i've run into an odd issue and i'm not sure if im approaching it the wrong way, or if its perhaps some functionality that could be added- or what. i'm running dokuwiki-2006-03-09.

my wiki has a "public" area, and a private area. i created a public and private namespace to match. So the "Starting" point is a page with a link to each, something like public:start and private:start. ALL group has read-only privs to public:*, and "users" has privs to the private area. (have to be assigned a password to login). This works great, as everyone starts in one place, people who try and access the private area are warned that they don't have permissions, contact so and so.. soo. 99.9% of this works super, but:

when someone intending to log in clicks on the private:start link, and gets the warning, then hits the "login" button, and just login, that works. Register works. But when they hit "Send New Password" they get permision denied, "Sorry, you don’t have enough rights to continue. Perhaps you forgot to login?". It's not a lower-level issue like sendmail, as it works fine when i open up the ACLs.

Should I try and dig in and force the namespace for the send new password function into public: ?

thanks much!
Matt