[disscommfarm] Apologies!

  • From: Gary Alexander <garyalex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:28:05 +0000

Yes, we have all suddenly been bombarded with emails from this list. That was
never the intention. My sincere apologies.

The idea was to allow everyone to communicate with everyone else, and we had
one such message, about the article by George Monbiot, and a couple of replies,
but that set off a flurry of extra emails that came to everyone.

I'm afraid I have to conclude that this is a failed experiment. I was hoping to
set the list so that everyone recieved only a digest, that is one message per
day at most, including all the others, but I can't do that for the whole list.
Also, I've been unable to get the footer to work, giving instructions on how
best to use the list.

So, I've now made the list temporarily 'moderated' which means that I have to
approve all messages (so you won't get any more), and it is really just for
this one last message.  Unless I get at least a few messages (emailed directly
to me please, not to the list) asking me to save the list, I'll close it down
within a few days.

With best regards,

Yours,

Gary

================================
Dr Gary Alexander

Author of "eGaia, Growing a peaceful, sustainable Earth through
communications"

Website: http://earthconnected.net

Mobile: 07766 - 711999

the subject.

TIPS FOR GOOD USAGE:
1. Treat people with respect, acknowledge and appreciate them. Do not use this
list for arguments or criticisms. Do that privately if you must.
2. When you reply to a message, delete the previous messages, except for parts
that are relevant to your reply. For new subjects, send a new message to
disscommfarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx rather than using 'reply'.