[disdads] Reminder: First Dad's club meeting 6:30pm Tuesday Sept 7th at Chic at Barcelona

  • From: "John Olson" <jolson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:58:43 -0500

All,

     Remember our first meeting is 6:30pm, Tuesday September 7th at Chic at
Barcelona.  I expect we will start the business discussion around 7:15pm.
We will go over this years calendar and discuss ideas/changes to it, look at
the volunteer opportunities we have and get more ideas on better
communication (i.e. list server, website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

    Also the joint Mom/Dad's club cooking event has about 40 people
registered, so there are 10 slots left on a first come, first serve basis.
They will have to provide a preliminary headcount on Monday and final
headcount by Wednesday so if you want to attend you should register quickly.
Below is the original information I sent out and you can see the attachments
for more details.

  Attached is the menu and registration form for a joint Mom and Dad's Club
cooking class.  It is at the Milestone Culinary center off of Knox/Henderson
and 75.   It is limited to the first 50 people who respond.  The price of
$40 per person and includes the cooking class, food to cook, wine and
gratuity from 7pm to 10pm on Friday September 10th.  You can go to their
website http://www.milestoneculinary.com/ and click on the Cooking school
line at the top for more information.  These classes usually cost around
$100 per person to attend.  The class format is to put people in groups with
instructions and a chef to assist and then each group cooks the meal items.
At the end everyone eats what they cooked.  It is a lot of fun and the
quality of the meal is quite good.

 Feel free to call me or email me at jolson_97@xxxxxxxxx with any feedback.

Thanks,

John Olson