Disability Speaks November 5th IMPORTANT

  • From: "Mark Conway" <markconway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <disabilityspeaks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:56:03 +0930

Unsubscribe
<mailto:disabilityspeaks-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe>

Mark Conway

ETrade & Online Manager

Adtrans Group Ltd.

Ph. (08) 8269 9915

Fax. (08) 8269 6474

Mob. 0448 779 177

Email.  <mailto:markconway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
markconway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web.  <http://www.adtrans.com.au> http://www.adtrans.com.au

The information in this email and any attachment(s) is confidential and may
be legally privileged. This email is intended for the addressee. If you are
not the addressee, dissemination, copying or other use of this email or any
of its content is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not
the intended recipient please inform the sender immediately and destroy the
email and any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender. No contract may be constituted by this email.

  _____

Friday, November 6, 2009

10.40am for 11am media

Glenside Hospital (entrance)  Fullarton Road

We need representatives and community members from all walks of life,
representing themselves and others with disabilities to be present. The
party will outline its policies and reach out for support from the
community.

If you are a person with a disability, or a carer and would like to help, or
briefly speak (we need some volunteers to each say one sentence or two)
please contact us ASAP.

Spokesperson Rick Neagle, who ran with D4D in the 2006 State election, said
"South Australia spends less per client than any other State in Australia,
and we are here to represent those with disabilities, mental health concerns
as well as the frail  & aged, all of whom are not given the dignity through
choice that they deserve.

More than half of the disability dollars in the SA budget are spent on
employee salaries, with a 33% increase in employees earning more than $100K
in 2009.

Despite  more than 4,500 staff we  know people with disabilities are still
not receiving basic services  with some not allowed to even shower more than
twice a week.

"Parents of typical children are not dictated which child care provider or
babysitter they use, so why is it that parents of children with disabilities
are told who will care for their children?

"We are about DIGNITY THROUGH CHOICE - people with disabilities deserve
control over how to spend their funds."

Rick Neagle: 0431-704-074      <BLOCKED::mailto:rickneagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
rickneagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paul Collier: 0408-006-065     <BLOCKED::mailto:phc007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
phc007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dignity for Disability ( D4 D ) is a  registered political party  targeting
representation in parliament for people with disabilities, and their carers.
With strong leadership, and  bringing the often fractured disability
community together, our goal is to ensure Dignity  through Choice.

Come join us at
<BLOCKED::http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dignity-for-Disability/165109401238>
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dignity-for-Disability/165109401238

"Disability Speaks will distribute on behalf of any organization that meets
suitable criteria online information that is of wide disability community
interest via our database that now numbers nearly 4,000 recipients for Govt,
advocacy groups and other  major disability organizations. We hope in the
lead up to  elections, state or federal we can distribute policy and support
information from  political groups. Such distribution  is  not in any way
endorsement  by  Disability Speaks. From time to time Disability Speaks will
also distribute media releases commenting on developments in the disability
sector. We strongly encourage you to forward all releases to your friends,
clients and disability supporters and encourage them to subscribe direct. To
do so simply send an email subject "subscribe" to the address below.

A short weblink to the self managed funding information was created to
improve useability it's: www.sa.gov.au/disability/selfmanagedfunding

Email:  <mailto:disabilityspeaks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
disabilityspeaks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you would like to be removed from the database please advise by return
email. Disability Speaks has no affiliation with any political party or
service provider, is self funded and run by volunteers.

 <mailto:disabilityspeaks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>