[directmusic]

  • From: Jovica Popovic <jpop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:36:14 +0200

Howdy!

I'm a programmer, working on an children edutainment program, using
DirectMusic for audio and musical needs...

One of the things we plan on implementing within a program is a karaoke
machine. Seeing how DM has support for lyrics tracks i was hoping to get it
off the ground in no time. And that's when trouble in paradise came.

DMusic loader loads standard MIDI files without problems. But, it fails to
load a lyrics track embedded in the file (via FF05 lyric meta-events).

So, my thinking is: is there a way to use DMusic Producer to convert such
MIDI file into a DMusic segment (.sgt) with lyric track. I can load the
MIDI file, but Producer also ignores the lyrics track, and I can't find
another way to import it. Any ideas?