[directmusic] Re: newbie question: band management ?

  • From: "Jason Booth" <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:26:59 -0400

        One of my favorite techniques for band management is to create a
segment file with the band in it, and place that segment as a secondary
segment anywhere I want to use the band. This prevents me from having to
maintain 600 copies of essentially the same data.
        However, setting the band (even if it's allready been set) is an
expensive operation - so don't nest them, or loop the segments
internally, as that will often cause hitching if the same patch is being
called multiple times.