[directmusic] Setting Pitch Bend Range

  • From: Abhijit Patait <abhijit_patait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 14:02:38 -0700 (PDT)

How do I set the pitch bend range for the synthesizer? The default range for
pitch bend wheel seems to be +/- 2 semitones. I tried to set it by sending RPN
controller message 0, but it does not seem to have any effect. Is there a
DirectMusic API for setting the pitch bend range?

I want to implement custom pitch bending ability into my application (so that
the user can select a particular customized pitch bend curve, rather than those
pre-defined by the DM API). For this to work, I need to set the pitch bend
range to a value higher than the default (+/-2 semitones).

Thanks
Abhijit