[directmusic] Re: (Newbie) How can I hack together the samples?

  • From: "justin" <jlove@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:28:41 -0800

Q. How can I hack together the samples?

Short Answer: You can't.

Long Answer:

In any project you can only have one main method.  Also, all of the
Windows handling stuff should only be done once. In addition, since each
of the direct music and sound samples has their own GUIs you will have
to account for that and make a new GUI that merges the GUI elements from
each project into one big GUI.

I would recommend first trying to merge two of the sample projects
together.  You just can't throw together a bunch of different projects
into one file and have it magically work--if you don't understand how
the code works for each individual project you won't be able to merge
them.

Justin Love
University of Victoria