[directmusic] Re: Music Licensing

  • From: "Jason Booth" <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:27:24 -0400

        Direct Music is a system for creating interactive or adaptive
music - IE: The people here are rarely just playing back a track, but
rather aranging or composing that track on the fly, as the game is
played, acourding to game events. It's very hard to do that with tracks
which weren't specifically recorded for that perpose.