[directmusic] Introduction and question...

  • From: "Leo Newman" <leonewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:05:24 -0800

Hi, my name is Leo Newman and I am a student that is programming for a
hobby.

I am making a music tracker and I found it was easiest for me to load WAV's
into segments.  I have seen a few threads in the archives that deal with
pitch bending WAV's in segments but I am a little lost since I have only
being playing with DirectMusic for a matter of weeks.

I am at the point where I have the WAV's loaded correctly and I can play
them, but I would like to be able to shift them up and down a specific
amount of semitones before they are played.  Is this something that can be
done for each time the segment is played?  Also, I would like to be able to
play the same segment multiple times at different pitches.

Is there a place with already made IDirectMusicTool8's that I could use or
do I have to make one myself?

I'd appreciate any help or and direction to resources where I can look this
up.

Leo