[directmusic] Re: Introduction and chordmap question

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 22:55:43 -0800

Am I correct in understanding that ALL your chords are signposts?  I don't
think you can use the connection lines that way.

This is my understanding:

1.  Two signposts are picked at random, avoiding picking the same chord for
two signposts if possible.

2.  DMusic then looks for connection paths drawn between these two signposts
that it can use.

What I typically do is have two signposts, a start chord and end chord.
Then, I draw all my paths in between those two points using non signpost
chords.

Here's another way of saying the same thing:

If you are using all signpost chords, you really don't even need to use the
main chordmap editor window.  Everything is done in the signpost list panel.
The main window is just for drawing the connection paths *between*
signposts.

Hope that helps :)

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com