[directmusic] DLS region fine tuning bug

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:51:21 -0600

Arg, here's a problem I can't believe I just now noticed........

The spin button control and edit boxes don't change the tuning right away when
you are editing a region's tuning.  The only thing that takes effect
immediately is the slider.

The slider is less useful since it goes in 9 cent increments (too coarse for
fine tuning).

If you want to use the spin control (like I do) you have to change focus away
from the spin control and edit box for it to have effect.  If you click on the
slider it goes to one of the 9 cent intervals.  If you click on anything else
in the properties page you change some kind of setting.  So the best thing to
do is to click the DLS region you are editing (above the piano keyboard or in
the tree view) and click the properties page again.  If you click on another
region you switch the property page's focus.

You can also hit Tab to switch focus safely.  Either hit tab 8 times or hit it
once and click the spinner again.  I don't like this method since I have one
hand on my midi keyboard and the other on the mouse.

To test it I recommend using extreme intervals like 4 semitones vs 0 semitones
or something.

Ugh, MS it would be real nice if you could fix that one....I know its late and
all, but that's mega annoying ;)

DMusic rulz! =D (seriously)

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com