[directmusic] Audio quality of .wav files

  • From: "Kyle Blondin" <KyleB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:14:48 -0700

I just noticed for the first time that when I import a .wav file it
sounds quieter and of lower quality. It doesn't quite sound like
resampling to 22,050 but something close to that. This is without any
compression, just "import .wav file as segment" and play it back and it
sounds worse. I only noticed it because I had a music file that started
with a cymbal crash that when put into DMP it sounded pretty bad. I
mainly use DMP with full .wav files of songs rather than midi and sample
banks.

Any ideas? Did I just miss the memo on importing .wav files won't sound
as good?

 - Kyle