[digitalucifer] [...Come The Wolves] Full Tank, Empty Skull

  • From: sku11fukkr <morpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: digitalucifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 06:07:13 -0700 (PDT)

<?null
/*
  There are some seriously inept people that I am paid to deal with. You would think that I share my girlfriend's profession -- providing respite care for developmentally disabled adults -- but no, I do not. I work in a franchise shipping store. We also do copies. When working with regular customers, this isn't so bad. Our regulars are nice people. They don't always know our stuff, but most certainly know their own. This morning, I am going to tell a tale of severe ineptitude for everyone's amusement. Before anyone asks, yes I am aware that this makes me a complete asshole.

Oxygen
  A scruffy old fellow walks into the store, looking to ship a big bag of diving gear. This wasn't a customer I was handling, so I kept to the background. After making his purchase and already running his credit card, the man asks if he can put insurance on the package. As a side note, he also asks how much it will cost to ship an oxygen tank. We flat out tell him we wont ship it full. He goes out to his car to pick up the tank and brings it inside. After sizing it and weighing it, I tell him that the tank is lighter when its empty so it will probably cost less than the estimate I'm giving him. This is when the fun begins. The man, acting as if he were showing his great and mighty wisdom to our puny shipper's life-inexperience, says, "Lighter when its empty, huh?" and nonchalantly cranks the valve to its most open position. Chaos then reigned. At first, the tank stood on its own, oxygen blowing everything around and its sound climing to a crescendo of deafening levels. The fun really began when the tank dropped to the floor and spun like a pissed off python killing your mother. Nearly everything blew off of the walls as the man jumped to the floor and tried to grab ahold of the psychotic tank. We all just stood there laughing our (in-experienced but now wisened) butts off. Eventually the tank lost its steam, and the man got up off the floor. He just brushed himself off, looked at us, and said, "Boy, you people have some light stuff in here," papers floating to the ground. Yeah, we charged him extra.
*/
?>

--
Posted by sku11fukkr to ...Come The Wolves at 9/02/2005 08:25:00 AM