[dfaresource] My presentation at APCD in Bankok

  • From: "vashkar vattacharya" <vashkar79@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dfaresource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:25:54 +0600

Dear all,

I am going to join UNESCAP/APCD High-level Stakeholders' Workshop on
Empowerment of People with

Disabilities and a Barrier-free Society through Networking and Collaboration on
6-8 June 2007 in Bangkok.

Also I have a presentation on our activities during SESSION 4 in  the workshop .

I was selected to share my efforts from more than 50 participants of APCD
network.

 Organizers:

-          Asia-Pacific Development Center on Disability (APCD)

-          United Nations Economic Social Commission of Asia and the Pacific

(UNESCAP)

Objectives

  a.. to promote policy development on disability by the Governments of invited
countries and enhance APCD's Associate Organizations' activities through
sharing of relevant best practices and nurturing their insights.
  b.. to strengthen an APCD network and collaboration among its Government
Focal Points, Associate Organizations, UN ESCAP and other relevant
organizations through developing Asia-Pacific, sub-regional and domestic
strategies.
  c.. to enhance the APCD's forthcoming project activities with suggestions by
its Focal Point and Associate Organizations, international organizations, and
other relevant organizations based on report of its past activities.