[desert-voice] Re: Fwd: [CCB-Presidents] [Acbny-l] FW: Announcement: FTC'sIdentity Theft Program for the Blind

  • From: "Linda Samulski" <desertblossom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <desert-voice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 21:45:56 -0700

I’m glad you posted this. I have seen it on other lists, but if you’ve ever
been a victim of i.d. fraud, it can be quite devastating.

I was, bigtime, and it’s horrible One person actually went to jail because I
went to court. So, everyone be careful.

Hope everyone is well, and please stay inside with this bad quality air and the
fires that are burning. Please stay safe..

From: "Donna Pomerantz" <dmpomerantz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: July 17, 2013, 8:57:28 PM PDT
To: <ccb-presidents@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [CCB-Presidents] [Acbny-l] FW: Announcement: FTC'sIdentity Theft
Program for the Blind

   Subject: FW: Announcement:  FTC's Identity Theft Program for the
Blind and
   Visually Impaired

   Please share widely

   Webinar Announcement

   Talking Through Identity Theft:  A program for the blind and
visually
   impaired

   Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 2:00pm-3:00pm

   Learn about the Federal Trade Commission's identity theft resources,
how you
   can prevent identity theft, and steps to take if it happens to you.

   The FTC will present "Talking Through Identity Theft:  A program for
the
   blind and visually impaired" on Wednesday, July 31, 2013, at 2:00 pm
- 3:00
   pm.  The program is free and available to the public.  It will cover
   financial, medical, and government benefits identity theft, as well
as
   identity theft impacting children and older Americans.

   Participation  Instructions

   Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 2:00 pm- 3:00 pm, Eastern.

   Conference Call Dial-In Number(s):

   United States:                   (800) 230-1092
   International:                     (612) 332-0228
   Confirmation number:      29777

   WebEx:

   This webinar uses WebEx; audio is provided via conference call, so
please
   connect via phone and computer.

   Please join us up to 15 minutes early to make sure you can connect.

   Title:  Talking Through Identity Theft: A Program for the blind and
visually
   impaired
   Event link:

<https://ftc-events.webex.com/ftc-events/onstage/g.php?d=992765028
<https://ftc-events.webex.com/ftc-events/onstage/g.php?d=992765028&t=a> &t=a>

https://ftc-events.webex.com/ftc-events/onstage/g.php?d=992765028
<https://ftc-events.webex.com/ftc-events/onstage/g.php?d=992765028&t=a> &t=a
   Event number:     992 765 028
   Event password:  No password required

   We strongly recommend that attendees test their computer prior to
joining
   the presentation. You can test your computer system at any time at
   <http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html>
   http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html.

   If you need help getting connected, please use the WebEx Online help
at
   <https://www.webex.com/login/join-meeting-tips>
   https://www.webex.com/login/join-meeting-tips.

   Copies of the slides presented at the webinar will remain accessible
and
   will be
   found at

<http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0015-identity-theft-resources>

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0015-identity-theft-resources.
   You are welcome to share this program invitation with others who
might be
   interested.

   For more information, please contact:

   Cheryl Thomas, FTC Investigator
   (202) 326-2779
   Cheryl Thomas
   Division of Privacy and Identity Protection
   Federal Trade Commission
   600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
   Washington, DC 20580
   202. 326.2779