[delphizip] Re: ZipMaster 1.71 - Added property ExtAddStoreSuffixes

  • From: Alistair George <bigal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Russell Peters <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:30:35 +1300

Hello Russell,

OK thanks vm please let me know if you have done it.

Also, did you get my email enquiry earlier - there seems to be some problem on
this list about reliable delivery of email as sometimes I have to send several
times without getting a failed delivery notice.
Earlier mail herewith:

I  wrongly  assumed that addfreshen appended new files of already existing
files within the archive, when in actual fact it replaces the old with a new.

ZIP construct may not allow this but:
Can we have addoption of AppendFresh?
Meaning  say  I  had development filename of back4win.exe in the same directory
over  a period of time, every later version included in the AppendFresh would be
appended  resulting  in every earlier version of the same name would be retained
as  well. Or same filename, same directory, different creation date.
Restore  could either restore only the latest if accidentally several
were selected or the correct instance if one were selected.

In  a practical sense this means that as I develop a program or a user has newer
versions  of  the  same  filename,  and several backups to the same archive, all
historic versions of the same filename and location will be held within the same
archive.

I know the same thing can be achieved by using the bit set/clear and separate
archives, but in some cases the same archive would be more desirable. I guess
due to same filenames it would not be possible. If not, is there a way I could
get at the filenames and change them prior to being zipped (same file, but
renamed within zipmaster).

Second question. I do not want ZIPmaster to display the error message
eg:
            raise E_ZipMaster.CreateResDisp(DS_NoValidZip, True);

Any suggestions on how to stop Zipmaster from reporting the error, so that I can
handle it in the calling program?--
Regards,
 Alistair+