[delphizip] Re: Why this source not Work?

  • From: "Udo Nesshoever" <delphi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:01:35 +0200

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 17:27:03 +0200 you wrote in "newsletter.DelphiZip"
about "[delphizip] Re: Why this source not Work?":

>I must create a  New file Zip with name Test.zip.
>this is the steps:
>
>1. i must create a file Test.zip (from zero)
>2. i must add the programm "prog.exe".
>
>When start my application, go in crash because "test.zip" is not exist.
>
>Hot can i create a New Zip Archive file with name test.zip?

I can only offer Pascal code[1] how I create a new ZIP file:

I didn't change any defauzlt option, just dragged the component onto a
form, added a button with the following event:

begin
  ZipMaster1.ZipFileName:= 'd:\test.zip';
  ZipMaster1.FSpecArgs.Add('d:\prog.exe');
  ZipMaster1.Add;
end;

And that creates the test.zip file. Did you check if the file(s) to add
do really exist? Don't rely on any given path. Add the files that should
be compressed into the zip file WITH their path!

I can't actually understand why your application should crash at
startup. What error message do you get?

Cheers,
   Udo

=== footnotes ===
[1] but converting that to C shouldn't be a problem, right?